Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Bookmark and Share

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Anger

I have attended an anger management course sometime in December, 2005 at Brahma Kumaris Raja Yoga Centre. Mr. Arun Doshi, a retired CEO, who is also a meditator, shared with us how meditation can be used as a tool to effectively manage the force of anger. After I attended the course, I realised that anger is caused by our own self and not by other people. But how? Everytime I get angry, I check back with myself and ask myself why am I getting angry? It is I who wants to get angry. It has nothing to do with other people who makes you angry, right? It is I, myself... Anger comes in many forms and the damage done can last for years.

My sharing today is about anger. What is anger? Anger is the negation of love, which indicates that the angry soul actually needs love. It burns the soul and others in connection with it and disturbs the natural state totally. People mistakenly believe that anger can bring a situation under control thereby creating a "satisfactory situation". But when I am not satisfied with myself I cannot be satisfied with others nor can I satisfy others.

Anger is a spear that wounds feelings. When I react with anger, all I am really doing is damaging myself as well as the other. When there is preoccupation with selfish desires, plans and motives, the soul lays itself open to anger attacks or its related forms: envy, jealousy, impatience, annoyance, irritability, disgust, backbiting, sullenness, violence, contrariness, sulking and etc. Each time anger is expressed, harmful secretions flow through the metabolism causing many physical disorders, such as ulcers, heart trouble and psychosomatic problems.

No comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks